Middle Way House, a national model domestic violence program located in Bloomington, is in the process of creating a demonstration production roof garden. There is still time to have an impact on its design and content, but the position requires maintenance of effort as well.
· The Intern will develop and implement late season planting and season extension mechanisms and the vermiculture and mushroom-growing components of the system.
· The Intern will coordinate distribution of the harvest among Middle Way House programs, packaging and marketing some of the produce
· The Intern will maintain records relative to planting, harvesting, and ordering and using supplies;
· The Intern will develop the framework for the roof garden to serve as a demonstration site and play a role in designing the education component.
· The Intern will recruit volunteers as necessary.
The intern will coordinate as much of the roof garden work as possible with the Youth Programs Coordinator. The Intern will report to the Director.
Although not a requirement of the position, grant-writing, if it interests the candidate, would be welcome (and assistance/instruction available).
Intern should attend the next available pre-service training program (a requirement of the State of Indiana) and be willing to sign a release for a background check. References appreciated.
Hours: variable according to season and weather conditions; a minimum of 10 hours/week
Site: 338 South Washington Street; shared office space; on street parking and on-site bike racks, close to bus – and very nice.
Compensation: There will be praise and satisfaction, chocolate and baked goods, and lots of autonomy. We’re dead broke.
Contact Toby Strout (firstname.lastname@example.org) for application information.