Nothing like potato soup to keep you warm during these cold nights!
- 1 cup spicy Italian sausage links
- ¾ cup onions, diced
- 6 slices bacon
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- 2 cups kale leaves, cut in half, then sliced
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 medium potatoes cut in half length-wise, and then cut into ¼ inch slices
- Preheat oven to 300˚F.
- Place sausage links onto a pan and bake for 25 minutes (or until done).
- Cut in half length-wise, then cut at an angle into ½ inch slices.
- Cook onions and bacon in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear.
- Remove bacon and crumble it.
- Add garlic to the onions and cook an additional minute.
- Add chicken stock, and potatoes; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale, and cream.
- Simmer for 4 minutes and serve.
- Garnish with thyme.
- When purchasing potatoes for soups, choose a waxy variety such as yellow, blue, or red. Potatoes shelf-life can be maintained best by storing in a cool, dark, dry place and in a brown paper, burlap or plastic bag with holes.
Recipe was obtained through Organic Recipies, A 2012 Calendar,
Calendar TF Publishing