Interested in getting more involved in the garden? Become a Garden Corps member! Step into the world of Bloomington’s local food scene while helping maintain the campus garden. Corps members will have the opportunity to meet with local chefs, farmers, and food advocates while helping to strengthen our own campus food system.
Position: Campus Garden Corps Member
Hours: 6-10 hours/week September-early December; flexible schedule
Compensation: In addition to free, fresh vegetables, you will gain knowledge and experience about gardening, time management, organization, and leadership. Additionally, you will form important personal and professional connections. Unfortunately we cannot offer payment at this time, but credit may be possible.
Corps Member Timeline
- Apply for an intern position (see application below)
- Meet with the Garden Coordinator to determine your individual interests and schedule
- Schedule an orientation meeting with the coordinator
- Begin working 6-10 hours, log hours in intern binder—Hours can be completed through attending/leading workdays, taking a watering shift, planning and implementing a special project, weeding in the garden, etc.
- Attend field trips, intern meetings, and special sessions